- Culture shock is a wonderful thing; it means you have an opportunity to open up your mind and expand your horizons.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Cliche, but true nonetheless. The beauty standard in the society you live in is not always shared outside your little bubble. There are women in Africa who on average gain 90 pounds in three months before the wedding and they maintain it throughout their lives. Yes, the spouses find this to be rather attractive. There are belly dancers with a little meat on their bones. There are women who think long necks is a symbol of beauty. There are women in South America who think darker the skin the prettier they feel. Don't bother to have an attitude towards the woman beside you just because you're closer to your own idea of beauty than her. Remember, the woman beside you may have a totally different idea of beauty than you.
- Not everybody has the same mindset as you. What you may believe in might be a huge insult to the next. I personally don't believe in luck. I can't stand it when people say, "OMG111! You're lyke so lucky!" Oh right, my accomplishments just fell onto my lap. Not. I worked my ass off to get to where I am now and believe me honey, luck has nothing to do with it. I did what I have to do to accomplish my own goals and it was no picnic. Fortunate, yes. Lucky, no. To me, there is a huge difference. When in doubt, put a muzzle on your mouth.
- The best revenge is having a fulfilled life.
- Don't be afraid to try new things. Don't be afraid to fail. If you don't try it at all, then that is truly failing.
- Eat your vegetables. It's an investment for your future.
- Don't be somebody else 'cause other than yourself 'cause you're afraid to be disliked. You will be disliked, regardless. You may as well be disliked for being yourself.
I wrote this while drinking bubble tea. I refuse to spend my life with my eyes closed. What's the point in that?