I lost 12 pounds so far but after eating all this, I believe it is back down to 10. Go figure. It's worth it. I went to an Argentine restaurant and got myself a steak. Ahem. Moreover, I found these cute little shoes in Target. Maryjane's, at that. The only box that was closest to my size was 6 1/2 but I had to try them. I felt weird considering they weren't big on me.I went home and saw it in the shoes: size 6. My husband says that he was glad I went with my gut and bought them. Funny how things work out like that.
Which reminds me, I need to get a haircut. STAT. I am just so...lazy. My hair got so light due to the chlorine from the water. I've been swimming hours on end each day. Honestly though, I can finally say I have a healthy, happy lifestyle. What am I grateful for?
- Witnessing compassion with my own eyes.
- Traveling with my husband. My travels would be dull without him.
- Listening to music. Well, the notes I can actually hear. I'm tone deaf.
- Drawing; it's therapeutic for me.
- Hearing stories of people who "beat the odds."
- Drinking coffee while having mindless conversations with my husband.
- Learning Taiwanese; it's a beautiful language.
- Meeting people who change me from the inside out.
- The combination of French cheese and wine.
- Bubble tea. One of Taiwan's creations.
- My ancestors; they suffered so I wouldn't have to.
I’ve realized I blog just so I can reach somebody from the other side of the world, even though most likely I’ll never meet the person face to face. I can die tomorrow, but I left a piece of myself for someone to find. I am sure it sounds vain, but I don’t mean to sound like that. I secretly read thoughts of such fascinating people, and I’m glad they’re willing to share their thoughts to a random stranger. I never thought I could change from the inside out by exploring somebody else’s life on the world wide web. I’m such a fickle girl; I move like the waves of the ocean. I explode on impulse, but only ‘cause I feel like my entire body is a time bomb. I hope growing older means you become more wise. I need all the wisdom I can get with my weak palms. I want to explore till my legs can’t take any more and go out with a bang. I want to leave a mark just so somebody know I was here.